HISTORICAL DATES TO REMEMBER
Rabi-ul-Awwal is the the third month of the Islamic calendar and means the first month of spring.
- The Holy Prophet￼ was born on the 12th of this month as mercy for all and departed from this world 63 years later in the same month
- The Holy Prophet￼ migrated from Makkah to Madinah Munawwarah.
- Ghazwah of Saf’vaan took place in the year 2 A.H.
- Sayyida Ruqayyah (R A) the daughter of the beloved Prophet￼ was born 7 years before Prophecy
- Sayyida Umme Kulsoom (RA) was married in this month to the third Caliph, Sayyidina Usman bin Affan (R.A.) in 3 A.H.
- Mother of the believers, wife of the Holy Prophet￼ Sayyida Zainab bin Khuzaimah (RA) passed away in the year 4 A.H.
- Ibrahim (RA) the son of Holy Prophet￼ passed away in the year 1O A.H.
- Sayyidina Abu Bakr (RA.) was appointed Caliph in Rabi-ul-Awwal
October spans over parts of Dhul Qa’dah and Dhul Hijjah, the eleventh and the twelfth month of the Islamic calendar. These two months are among the four sacred months (Ash’hur al Harum) of Islam.
• The Prophet’s marriage to Umm-ul-Momineen Zainab bint Jahash (ra) in 4 A.H.
• The Prophet’s marriage to Umm-ul-Momineen Maymoonah bint Harith (ra) in 4 A.H.
• 1st Dhul Qa’dah – the treaty of Hudaibiyah took place in 6 A.H.
• 23rd Dhul Qa’dah – battle of Banu Qurayzah started in 5 A.H.
• 9th Dhul Hijjah – Yaum-e-Arafah or the Day of Hajj
• 10th Dhul Hijjah – Eid al-Adha and the Day of Sacrifice
• The Prophet’s marriage to Umm-ul-Momineen Zainab bint Khuzaimah (ra) in 3 A.H.
• Battle of Thi Qired in 6 A.H.
• 4th Dhul Hijjah – Umra-tul-Qadhaa of the Prophet in 7 A.H.
• Birth of Ibrahim (ra), son of the Prophet in 8 A.H.
• 27th Dhul Hijjah – Shahadat of Sayyadina Umar ibn Khatab(ra) in 23 AH
• 17th Dhul Hijjah – Shahadat of Sayyadina Uthmaan ibn Affan (ra) in 35 AH